Dump and Start Instant Pot Alfredo

Alfredo. Do you know what is better than alfredo? Alfredo made from scratch in under 20 minutes..with only 5 (okay, 7 if you count salt & pepper) ingredients? Yeah, I went there.


     
We eat this for dinner probably once a week because it is seriously SO delicious! I try to save it for a day of the week where I know I will be short on time, but lets be honest, its so good that I will make it even when I've got all the time in the world. 



This is a fool proof recipe- great for newbies, seasoned Instant Potters, and totally kid approved!


Okay, lets do this thang.



Chicken broth, heavy cream, minced garlic, salt, pepper & noodles broken in half go into the pot. Manual high pressure for 6 minutes. (I like my noodles with a little bite to them, if you like yours softer I'd recommend cooking for a minute or two longer.) Let it naturally release the pressure for 6 minutes. The display will read L0:06 and then you can quick release.



It will be very liquidy when you take the lid off. That is a-okay and totally normal. Let it sit and cool for about a minute or so (very important!!)  and then add in some parmesan cheese. You'll want the real thing. None of that powdered stuff.



Stir in the cheese. The cheese will melt into the sauce and thicken it.



Aaaand then, serve it up and say Bon Appetit!

Dump and Start Instant Pot Alfredo
serves 4-6
Ingredients
1 1/2 C chicken broth
1 1/2 C heavy cream
1 tsp dried minced garlic
8 oz (about half a pkg) of Fettuccine noodles, broken in half
salt and pepper to taste
3/4-1 C parmesan cheese (not the powder!)

1. Add the broth, cream, garlic, salt, pepper and noodles to the instant pot in that order. DO NOT STIR.
2. Set your Instant Pot to Manual for 6 minutes (I like my noodles with a little bite to them, if you like yours softer I'd recommend cooking for a minute or two longer) and then let it naturally release its pressure for an additional 6 minutes then quick release.
3. Let the noodles and sauce sit for a minute or so. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Your cheese will not melt into the sauce if it doesn't cool for a minute or two.
4. Gradually stir in the parmesan cheese.
5. Its ready to eat, Enjoy!

Note:

This recipe can easily be doubled! 

Leftovers are best when you add a splash of milk in after it is reheated.

  

Comments

  1. Can you use half and half cream rather than the heavy cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ever tried it. Someone commented and said the lower fat content in half and half may cause it to curdle while under pressure though. If you do try it, report back and let me know if it was successful!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. My wife is vegetarian, so I swapped in vegetable broth for the chicken broth and it was a hit with the family. With the 2 of us and 2 teenagers , I'll need to use a whole box of noodles next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts